Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Challenge #227

Good day again!  How nice of you to join us at Try Stampin' - Or Not.  I hope your week is going well so far.
This week, we are going to shake things up a bit.  We are going to start with the challenge and then work our way backwards to the photo of the week.  Please let me know if you prefer this order or not.

Challenge #227 is courtesy of Kaylin and is one where you can use the sketch, use the theme or both...take your pick.
A very cool sketch, a very cool colour theme and a very cool photo theme as well.
And here re the samples from the team:





(she made two)

Wow! If these great cards don't inspire you, I will be surprised.  Beautiful use of the colours and the sketch, ladies.  Thanks so much.

On to our top 3 from challenge #225.  We had 16 entries - 16 beautiful cards- which made it very difficult to pick a top three (but I am definitely NOT complaining).



And honourable mention to 

Thanks to all who entered and congratulations to our top 3 - I mean 4!

Our photo this week is one I took along a nature walk of some delicate pink flowers.  If anyone knows what they are, please let me know:

A reminder to everyone: please visit our Facebook page where you can join in discussions, start your own discussion and even enter your card in the challenge (just make sure your card is attached to the main challenge post as a comment so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle).
Wishing you all a great week!

4 comments:

Jackie W said...

I like the photo at the beginning! I enjoy your photos. I looked through my wildflower book and couldn't find the flower, but I think it is called 'bladder flower'. All I know is I have toooooo much of it in my gardens all the time:)

craftystamper said...

Cheryl Ann - the flower in the picture is a Bladder Campion (Selene Vulgaris)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi - this flower is called pigeon crop-campion , see here: http://regiowiki.pnp.de/index.php/Taubenkropf-Lichtnelke

Pretty. Considered a weed in Germany, commonly seen in meadows that are left to themselves. We played with them when we were kids. You pick them off and hold the front shut and then you can pop them. Nowadays kids sit in from of an electronic device and are missing out on those fun simple pleasures :)))

Teresa Kline said...

I am not a fan of FB, so I will share my thoughts here. sounds like fun...I luv to play in challenges but do not always have the time...thanks for the challenge and inspiration! I luv a sketch, but also like that you all are mixing it up! congrats and hope you have lots of players.

sparkle & shine *~*